Today my daughter and I were talking about blogging. She said we aren't big on expressing ourselves, but when we write the depth of our emotions come out. For a minute I was taken aback. But it is true. We always say I love you, but the real feeling gets lost somewhere. We can talk about anything, but do I ever sit and say…..you are so important to me and this is why.
I am ashamed to admit the last time I REALLY did this was about 15 years ago at Christmas time. I had cards made for each of the kids and wrote to them individually why they were the most important people in the world to me.
I don't know if you kids remember those cards or what I said, but this really sums it up:
- I love you because you are my beautiful miracles
- I love you each because you are unique and wonderful
- I am in awe of the wonderful gift of your precious life, a gift I never deserved.
- Mark, my firstborn who taught me unconditional love for another human being.
- Gina, my beautiful, sweet, loving daughter with a huge forgiving heart.
- Adam, my youngest who has brought incredible joy and laughter into my life.
There will never be another you. There will never be another person who touches the place where only you reside. If I never draw another breath, I will consider myself the luckiest person who ever lived…….because you belong to me.