- Medicine. Purgation, especially for the digestive system. (after reading some of my posts I'm sure some folks want to go puke. 😀 or whatever…..
- A purifying or figurative cleansing of the emotions, especially pity and fear, described by Aristotle as an effect of tragic drama on its audience. (Bring out the Bippy scrub, scrub….emotions clean? No way, WTF!)
- A release of emotional tension, as after an overwhelming experience, that restores or refreshes the spirit. (won't go into details here as my children have very weak gag reflexes when it comes to their mother. You'd think they believe they are the products of a virgin birth.)
- A technique used to relieve tension and anxiety by bringing repressed feelings and fears to consciousness. (blog…blog…blog)
- The therapeutic result of this process; abreaction. (verbal vomit)
This post is a result of a comment I made on "The Blonde's" blog. See how my twisted mind works? You may now all take up a collection for the "Mom needs a psychiatrist" fund.