- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (3 1/2oz) instant coconut cream pudding mix
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup pumpkin, canned or fresh cooked and mashed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
Combine eggs, sugar, and oil in a large mixing bowl; beat at medium speed of an electric mixer hand-held until well blended.
In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, soda, salt, pudding mix, nutmeg, ginger, and cinnamon; add to sugar mixture alternately with the mashed pumpkin, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Mix well after each addition. Stir in pecans or walnuts.
Pour batter into a greased and floured 9x5x3-inch loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 1 hour, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove loaf to wire rack to cool completely.
I have used this recipe for years and love it. You can’t taste to coconut and I’ve left it out when I would have had to make a trip to the store.
This one is for Mr. Angry and his over grown garden with volunteer pumpkins.