October 31, 2008
The Day of the Dead is a holiday celebrated widely in the Mexican culture of Mexico and North America. The purpose it to remember and celebrate the lives of deceased family and friends. On this day I will celebrate the lives of these people: My Dad, Gene Kenley: Grandmother, Dessie Redwine; Cousin, Jan Furrh; best g/friend Connie; best guy friend; Charles. There are many more, but those specifically who have left this life most recently. A friend at work told me yesterday that in the Mexican culture there are 3 deaths: when the spirit leaves the body, when the body is burried and the final is when no one remembers you.
May the souls of these dearly departed, rest in peace.
October 14, 2008
At age 4 success is . . . not peeing in your pants.
At age 12 success is . . . having friends.
At age 17 success is. . having a driver’s license.
At age 35 success is. having money.
At age 50 success is . . . having money.
At age 70 success is. .. . having a drivers license.
At age 75 success is . . . having friends.
At age 80 successes is . . . not peeing in your pants.
October 13, 2008
1. Budweiser beer conditions the hair
2. Pam cooking spray will dry finger nail polish
3. Cool whip will condition your hair in 15 minutes
4. Mayonnaise will KILL LICE, it will also condition your hair
5. Elmer’s Glue – paint on your face, allow it to dry, peel off and see the dead skin and blackheads if any
6. Shiny Hair – use brewed Lipton Tea
7. Sunburn – empty a large jar of instant Nestea into your bath water
8. Minor burn – Colgate or Crest toothpaste
9. Burn your tongue? Put sugar on it!
10. Arthritis? WD-40 Spray and rub in, kill insect stings too
11. Bee stings – meat tenderizer
12. Chigger bite – Preparation H
13. Puffy eyes – Preparation H [Not in the eye, but around on the skin only.]
14. Paper cut – crazy glue or chap stick (glue is used instead of sutures at most hospitals)
15. Stinky feet – Jell-O !
16. Athletes feet – cornstarch
17. Fungus on toenails or fingernails – Vicks vapor rub
18. Kool aid to clean dishwasher pipes. Just put in the detergent section and run a cycle, it will also clean a toilet.
(Wow, and we drink this stuff)
19. Kool Aid can be used as a dye in paint also Kool Aid in Dannon plain yogurt as a finger paint, your kids will love it and it won’t hurt them if they eat it!
20. Peanut butter – will get scratches out of CD’s! Wipe off with a coffee filter paper
21. Sticking bicycle chain – Pam no-stick cooking spray
22. Pam will also remove paint, and grease from your hands! Keep a can in your garage for your hubby
23. Peanut butter will remove ink from the face of dolls
24. When the doll clothes are hard to put on, sprinkle with corn starch and watch them slide on
25. Heavy dandruff – pour on the vinegar!
26. Body paint – Crisco mixed with food coloring. Heat the Crisco in th e microwave, pour in to an empty film container and mix with the food color of your choice!
27. Tie Dye T-shirt – mix a solution of Kool Aid in a container, tie a rubber band around a section of the T-shirt and soak
28. Preserving a newspaper clipping – large bottle of club soda and cup of milk of magnesia, soak for 20 min. and let dry, will last for many years!
29. A Slinky will hold toast and CD’s!
30. To keep goggles and glasses from fogging, coat with Colgate toothpaste
31. Wine stains, pour on the Morton salt and watch it absorb into the salt.
32. To remove wax – Take a paper towel and iron it over the wax stain, it will absorb into the towel.
33. Remove labels off glassware etc. rub with Peanut butter!
34. Baked on food – fill container with water, get a Bounce paper softener and the static from the towel will cause the baked on food to adhere to it. Soak overnight. Also; you can use 2 Efferdent tablets, soak overnight!
35. Crayon on the wall – Colgate toothpaste and brush it!
36. Dirty grout – Listerine
37. Stains on c lothes – Colgate
38. Grass stains – Karo Syrup
39. Grease Stains – Coca Cola, it will also remove grease stains from the driveway overnight. We know it will take corrosion from car batteries!
40. Fleas in your carpet? 20 Mule Team Borax- sprinkle and let stand for 24 hours. Maybe this will work if you get them back again.
41. To keep FRESH FLOWERS longer Add a little Clorox, or 2 Bayer aspirin, or just use 7-up instead of water