When I was younger I was driven by “what will people think?” The only time I could truely be me was when I was loaded up on booze and pills – which became a huge problemo in itself. On March 21, 1984 I had a life changing experience, which is ironic, since it was cancer diagnosis. Since then, it has been a journey, some good – some bad. What I have come to realize are these few things:
- What other people think is none of my business. If they think I’m great, my ego gets out there. If they think I’m not, I feel bad.
- When I do what is right, I feel good about myself.
- I want my family and friends to know how very much I love them….especially my kids/grandkids/great grandkids.
- If you don’t like me – you lose.
- If you have a problem with any of this – it is your problem, not mine.